A result oriented professional engineer with 29 years experience in Process Automation, SCADA, AC and DC Drives, Electrical Switchgear, Protection and Industrial Equipment in Paper and Steel Industry.
Worked in distinguished industries in India and Abroad.
Expertise in Electrical and Automation Field in following Areas
- Siemens and other reputed make Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)
- HMI (Human Machine Interface Systems)
- SCADA Systems (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition Systems)
- Low, Medium and High Voltage Switchgear operation and Maintenance
- AC and DC Motors
- AC generators
Expertise in Project Management & CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management Systems)
Excellent communication skill with ability to work in multi cultural environment
Received Training on advanced industrial products in India and Abroad
Key Responsibilities and Functional Areas:
- Started new private limited company as an entrepreneur s in the year 2008.
- Providing consultancy services to Steel and other process industries in the field of Process Automation, Drives and Electrical Engineering
- Supply and installation of Electrical Transmission Line Towers for MSETCL (Maharashtra State Electricity Transmission Company Limited) along with our subsidiary company Rounak Industries, Nagpur
- Development of software packages for Power Industry.
Qatar Steel Company, State of Qatar, Arabian Gulf
Duration: From June 1997 till May 2007
A. Independently handled and successfully completed the following projects.
- New Rolling Mill
- New Electric Arc Furnace
- High Speed Finishing Bar Mill
- Level II Automation System for Electric Arc Furnace
- Oracle ERP system
B. Equipment selection, erection, commissioning and maintenance of electrical equipment such as.
- Siemens, Germany make SIMOVERT VC & SC, SIMOREG Digital drives.
- Siemens S5 and S7 Automation system
- Commissioned several SIMOVERT VC drives in house and developed S5 software for part of the plant ourselves.
- Level II Automation system for Electric Arc Furnace e. Transformers, Switchgears, Protection and Metering systems etc.
C. Maintenance and Operation of Electrical and Automation Equipment:
Lead team of engineers and technicians and was in-charge of complete Electrical, Automation and Instrumentation system of Rolling Mill.
D. Implementation of Oracle ERP – eAM module: (CMMS)
Worked as FFP for implementation of Oracle eAM (Enterprise Asset Management) module. (Oracle version 11.5.7). The Oracle eAM module was successfully implemented in a record time of 8 months in the year 2002 – 2003.
E. Software Development:
Developed several software in Visual Basic and MS Access for Computerized Maintenance Management System for our Maintenance department in-house.
Mukand Limited; Kalwe (Thane), India.
Duration: From Jan. 1993 to June 1997
Position held: Assistant Manager (Projects)
Field of experience:
Joined Mukand Ltd, Kalwa, Thane plant in Projects department and completed following projects. I was responsible for design, engineering, layout of electrical & automation systems, co-ordinate with government agencies such as Electrical Inspectors, equipment selection, engineering, erection and commissioning for following plants.
a. Pickling plant for Carbon and Stainless steel: This is an automated steel plant for the pickling of Carbon and Stainless steel coils.
b. Short time cycle Furnace Project: This plant was supplied by Salem Furnace Company, Pittsburgh, USA. Complete automation of this batch type Annealing furnace was achieved by using Honeywell USA make PLC’s.
c. Bulk Alloy Addition Project for Electric Arc Furnace.
d. Bell Furnace Project.
e. Stainless steel plant at Jodhpur, Rajasthan, India: Erected and commissioned 12 Ton Induction furnace, Ladle refining Furnace, Continuous casting machine and rolling mill.
Sunflag Iron and Steel Company, Bhandara, (M.S.), India.
Duration: From June 1988 to Jan. 1993
Position held: Deputy Manager (Electrical)
Field of experience:
A. Project Management: I was part of the team for Direct Reduction Plant and Bar Mill Project. I was involved in discussions with consultant, equipment selection, design, erection and commissioning of 150,000 tons/annum Direct reduction plant, Material Handling Systems such as Stacker, Reclaimer, Wagon Tippler and 150,000 tons/annum Bar and Section mill. I erected and commissioned electrical equipment, Analog Thyristor drives (Up to 800KW) for rolling mill, and Siemens S5, 155U, 135 U PLC’s for rolling mill and DR Plant.
B. Managed the contractors during erection and commissioning stage.
I was in charge for the maintenance of electrical equipment of DR Plant and Rolling Mill.
Bhadrachalam Paper boards, Sarapaka, ( A.P.), India
Duration: From Oct. 1985 to June 1988
Position held: Joined as Executive trainee and left as Assistant engineer.
Field of experience:
A. Projects: I was involved in equipment selection, erection and commissioning of electrical Switchgears, Transformers and Analog Thyristor controlled D.C. drives for Paper machine. Erected and commissioned Allen Bradley make PLC 4 system for Automation of Paper machine and drives. Developed programs in Ladder logic for PLC’s.
Later developed preventive and predictive maintenance schedule for the paper machine electrical system. I was in charge for the electrical system of Paper machine and pulp mill and was reporting to Superintendent (Electrical section)
1. 2 Weeks Training on Rolling Mill Automation System at M/s. Ansaldo, Vicenza, Italy.
2. 2 Weeks WINCC HMI system training at Siemens, Germany.
3. 2 Weeks training on MMC216 Automation system at Siemens, Germany
4. 2 Weeks advanced training on Siemens PLC’s at Siemens training center, Bombay.
5. Training on Allen Bradleay PLCs at Allen Bradleay, Delhi.
6. In house training on Project management.
7. In house training on following conducted by M/s. Prosys, India.
S5 / S7 PLCs.
SIMOVERT VC / SC Master drives. 8. In house training on
Training on eAM by M/s. GTS during implementation.
Visual Basic 4.0 & 6.0
C++ Language programming.
Oracle developer Rel. 6: Build Forms I by Oracle Middle East.
Oracle developer Rel. 6: Build Reports 6 by Oracle Middle East