Duration : 3 or 5 Days
The purpose of this course is to give exposure of Substation Automation to all personnel working in the substation business unit of KEC.
This is an introductory course which is useful to identify and understand the substation automation components and their purpose.
This course will build confidence of all people to understand and deal with advanced technologies such as smart grid and digital substations which will help to be with latest trends in the substation business.
After completion of the Training, the participants will
- Have fundamental knowledge of communication systems in power system and will be able to select suitable system by comparing various options.
- Understand substation automation system for control, protection, data acquisition , monitoring and energy management using IEDs and select suitable system according to requirements
- Understand the concept of smart grid and digital substations for adoption of technological developments in electrical substations in future
- Describe role of automation in substations
- Elaborate PLC block diagram
- Develop PLC program
- Operate and Maintain PLC Program
Who should Attend
Engineers working in all departments including Engineering, Projects, Design, and Purchase.
It is also useful for all departments’ new recruits / freshers.
- Substation automation system for control protection & monitoring and acquiring data of electrical parameters
- Sensors and Intelligent Electronic Devices (IEDs)
- Basics of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)
- Supervisory Control & Data Acquisition system (SCADA)
- Three level automation system with gateways for interconnection with remote SCADA systems
- Communication Basics, Communication Interfaces and Protocols
- Substation automation based on ICE 61850 protocol
- Redundant LAN networks for substation automation
- Power line carrier communication system(PLCC) - conventional& digital
- Digital communication system using OPGW and FO cables
- Energy Management system
- Smart substation & grid