Duration : 1 Days
AC and DC Auxiliary systems form integral part of an electrical substation. The purpose of this course is to familiarise with the substation auxiliary systems to personnel working in the substation business unit of KEC. This is an introductory course which is useful to identify, select and size, operate and maintain substation auxiliary equipment.
Upon completion of this course the participant will have reliably demonstrated the ability to design, select and operate AC and DC Auxiliary systems.
Upon completion of the training, the participants will
- Understand the need and purpose of various auxiliary systems comprising of AC UPS Battery, Battery Charger (DC UPS) Emergency DG Set and Pressurization & ventilation system in AIS and GIS substations.
- Understand configuration of AC and DC UPS system and select appropriate UPS system
- Understand types of batteries, select appropriate types of batteries and decide rating and specifications of batteries as per IEEE 485
- Understand the Various battery charging techniques and select types of battery chargers
- Understand various major components of emergency power supply system and work out rating of Emergency DG Sets.
- Understand Pressurization and ventilation(P&V) system for GIS and indoor substation/ control building and decide the performance parameters of P&V system
Who should Attend
Personnel working in all departments including Engineering, Projects, Design, Operation, Maintenance, Purchase, Quality. It is also useful for all departments’ new recruits / freshers.
- Auxiliary system in substation and their purpose
- Types of batteries and sizing battery capacity based on standard IEEE485
- Types of Battery chargers and battery charging methods
- Provisions for safety of personnel in battery room
- Types of UPS, selection and sizing of battery for back up
- Identification of emergency load in substation
- Sizing and selection of Emergency DG set , Auto mains failure scheme
- Noise control of DG sets by acoustic enclosures
- Calculation of capacity of Pressurization& ventilation system(P&V)
- Components of P&V system with and without temperature control