Duration : 3 Days
The purpose of this course is to give exposure of Substation Operation to all personnel working in the substation business unit of KEC.
This course is useful to understand operating procedures of various equipments in sub stations under normal and abnormal operating conditions and importance of monitoring various parameters.
This course will build confidence of operation engineer to critical conditions and deal with them by having correct decisions.
After completion of the course , the participants will
- Understand normal switching requirements of transmission lines, transformers and Reactors
- Switching in and switching out and bus transfer of substation equipment
- Able to carry out parallel operation and transfer of load on transformers
- Understand techniques to control of active & reactive power and bus voltage
- Know causes of disturbances in power system
- Know operating sequence and procedure for isolation of equipment for preventive and predictive maintenance in substation
- Understand emergency conditions in power system such as total blackout, occurrence of fire, earthquake and carryout necessary operations
- Know importance of monitoring of electrical parameters in substation and operations required to be carried out on appearance of alarms/annunciations
- Able to implementation of corrective actions for avoiding power supply interruptions
- Understand requirements of communication and coordination with Regional Load Dispatch Centre under normal and abnormal operating conditions
Who should Attend
Personnel working in all departments including Engineering, Projects, Design, Purchase, Quality, Human Resources, Accounts.
It is also useful for all departments’ new recruits / freshers.
- Switching requirements of transmission lines, transformers and Reactors
- Switching in and switching out and bus transfer
- Parallel operation of transformers and Transfer of load on transformers
- Control of active & reactive power and voltage in the substation
- Causes of disturbances, system stability and need for clearance of fault in shortest time ( critical clearing time)
- Load shedding operations
- Planned maintenance activities in substation
- Condition monitoring techniques for substation equipments
- Fault conditions for faults inside and outside the substation
- Power system disturbance conditions
- Emergency conditions in power system - total blackout and establishment of emergency power
- Transformer Fires, preventive measures and post fire operations
- Monitoring of electrical parameters in substation
- Various alarms/annunciations and actions required on appearance of alarms/annunciations
- Monitoring parameters of oil filled substation equipment, gas pressure for SF6 gas filled equipment on CRP and SCADA
- Communication and coordination with Regional Load Dispatch Centre