Duration : 2 Days
Testing and commissioning of substation electrical equipment is an important and critical activity. This activity is of vital importance and is influential in ensuring the health of equipment. The purpose of this course is to gain knowledge of the various tests and test procedures during testing and commissioning of equipment in electrical substation.
Upon completion of this course the participant will have knowledge of the testing and commissioning procedures. Participant will be able to evaluate, accept or reject the test results and decide whether equipment is suitable for commissioning.
This course will build confidence of all people to understand and deal with technical aspects involved in testing and commissioning. It will contribute to timely execution of the project. It will help to identify potential faults or problems before hand which will save lot of time, money and efforts
Upon completion of the Training, the participants will
- Know various pre commissioning tests and Diagnostic tests/ measurements to be carried out at site on each substation equipment and interpret the test results/reports by comparing with FAT results
- Know Methodology and equipment used for testing of protection relays
- Understand method for setting (parameterization), and modification of settings in various functional elements of numerical type protection relays. Will be able to parameterize relays using built in key pad/ external computer, based on relay coordination document
- Will understand the concept of Relay setting and co-ordination with the help of case study
Who should Attend
Personnel working in all departments including Engineering, Projects, Design, Operation, Maintenance, Purchase, Quality. It is also useful for all departments’ new recruits / freshers.
- Pre commissioning tests on substation equipment
- Rating and specification of testing equipment and test procedure as per relevant IEC standards
- Diagnostic tests / measurements on substation equipment and creation of reference data
- Validation of pre commissioning test results with FAT results
- Pre commission testing of relays by secondary injection method
- Parameterization of functional elements of numerical relays
- Case study for relay settings & relay coordination
- Measurement of overall resistance of earthing system by adopting testing methods specified in IEEE998 standard
- Safety interlocks prior to energisation of substation equipment
- Recommended PPEs for use during commissioning of equipment
based on relay coordination document