Duration : 2 Days
The purpose of this course is to give exposure of substation and its components to all personnel working in the design / engineering & projects department personnel working in substation business unit of KEC. This is a course which is oriented towards understanding the details of substation / equipments, and be able to write specifications and select the substation equipments.
This course will help all people to interact more effectively with all stakeholders including employees, customers, contractors, suppliers, consultants, and management people. It will help to contribute to organisation profits / margins and growth.
Upon completion of the training, the participants will
- Have fundamental knowledge of functions, and types of substation equipment, their constructional features and operating principles
- Select equipments by comparing various types and designs of substation equipments
- Define ratings and specifications of major substation equipments based on relevant IEC/ IS standards
Who should Attend
Personnel working in the design / engineering, projects departments.
It is also useful for some other departments’ including Quality Control & Purchase.
- Substation Basics Review, types of substations and selection criteria for substations
- Constructional features, technical specifications, and selection criteria of following equipments in electrical substation:
- Power Transformers ( two winding and Auto transformers)
- hunt reactors (bus and line reactors)
- Tubular/ flexible Bus bars and SF6 Gas insulated bus ducts
- String and bus post insulators
- Circuit Breakers
- Disconnecting switches
- Earthing switches
- Current and Voltage Transformers
- Lightning Arrestors
- Line Traps and Coupling capacitors
- k. Neutral Grounding Resistors/Reactors
- Earthing transformers
- m. Static VAr compensation equipment